Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:49:37 PM EDT
Can anyone suggest a nice cheap place to buy ammo cans? I really don't mind if they arent perfect because I wanna try out some painting skills.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Try army surplus stores. CTD has them cheap but the shipping will negate any savings.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ebay.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the Flea market.

I got some nice ones at the last gunshow,

I say going rate here is $5 for a 50cal $3 for a 30cal

I normally try to pay less then that
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought some from Cheaper-Than-Dirt once.  Once.  They were in poor condition -- very compressed seals, dents, lots of overpainting.

Now I get them from a military surplus store, and they have very nice (look like onced used) cans at a very reasonable price.

The olive colored can at center was the best of the CTD cans.  And yes, shipping cost is a consideration.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:17:52 AM EDT
[#5]
at my local army surplus store, they want $10 for ammo cans!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
at my local army surplus store, they want $10 for ammo cans!

----------------------
Same here....I asked the guy if he was on drugs.   I just picked up 40 cans at Ammunitionstore.com for $3.95ea(and thought that was a tad high) but in the ballpark.
This was oneof those phony type surplus stores where most gear in there is reproduction stuff made to appeal to the yuppy masses.

Needless to say, that would be my last visit there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Just buy some surplus ammo and get the can for free. Also www.outdoormarksman.com gives ammo cans with their reloads.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I purchased 2 cans from Fliyingtigerssurplus and they were in very good condition for one and fair condition for another.
One had a bit of gun oil or something in the bottom I needed to clean out, the other had a bit of rust in the corner. With a little bit of elbow grease both ended up in good condition and the price is pretty decent too.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top