Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:32:35 PM EDT
Picked up a box of 50 for $10.00 at my local shop just to check them out.I have never seen them before, but they are of clean brass and good crimps. Anyone here have experience with this particular ammo ? Can't get to range for at least another week to try them out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
200 bones per 1,000.

Unknown number of reloadings on the brass.
God only knows what the bullet is and why it was kicked to the curb to be loaded in the re-man line.
Powder?
Lowest bidder.

Front line M193 and M855 can be had for the same price or less.

Honest to goodness good( legendary!) re-man ammo can be had from Black hills for the same price.

Nothing against Hornady. They do good things and have first rate customer service.
Good bunch of folks working out there in Nebraska.

S-28

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I know there was a very accurate reload they did with 75 grain ammo but its marked on the box.  Does your box not say what bullet is used?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
200 bones per 1,000.

Unknown number of reloadings on the brass.
God only knows what the bullet is and why it was kicked to the curb to be loaded in the re-man line.
Powder?
Lowest bidder.

Front line M193 and M855 can be had for the same price or less.

Honest to goodness good( legendary!) re-man ammo can be had from Black hills for the same price.

Nothing against Hornady. They do good things and have first rate customer service.
Good bunch of folks working out there in Nebraska.

S-28

You obviously do not know that Hornady 3D reman loaded with the 75 grain HPBT is selling like hotcakes to highpower rifle compeitors that do not reload.

I have fired over 2000 rounds of that stuff and it has performed flawlessly in both the reliability and accuracy departments.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know there was a very accurate reload they did with 75 grain ammo but its marked on the box.  Does your box not say what bullet is used?

55 gr.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
SWO,

Nope, I have a couple boxes of the 75gr load, and have run it without problems.

However, YA GOT me in one regard!
I WAS Ass-uming Bobby picked up the 55gr stuff for informal work.
Turns out I was correct in that guess, but still, I'm guilty!

S-28

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Are the boxes labelled "coyote varming duster  55gr"?

I bought 400 rounds of hornady remanufactured labeled as above. In my experience it was very underpowered.  I had short stroke problems for every 25 out of 30 rounds.  The bolt would not  hold open after the last round.  

This weekend i shot 200 rounds of white box winchester instead and had zero malfunctions.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I notice a confusion in the posts above, I could be wrong, but I don't believe Hornady offers any reloaded ammunition.  3D was mentioned above, and 3D does sell reloaded ammo, and if it says anything about Hornady, it means that 3D is using Hornady bullets in that loading.  

From what I have heard in the past, 3D is a good company and offers quality products, and I have used 3D pistol bullets for my own reloading.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]

I bought 1000ea of the remanufactured 3D ammo, all cases was LC 92-94 and the bullets are Hornady 52gr HP.
I use them in a bolt action rifle and they work well the only thing that i did not like with the ammo is that they dont remove all of the tumbling on the outside of the cases.
Its quite accurate at 110yds 5 shots within an inch if i dont remember wrong and thats enough for plinking use.
The brass looks good and i have reloaded many cases without any trouble.
I thought that Hornady bought 3D a couple of years ago but im not 100% sure...
My box says "Not to be used in semiauto rifles"

/Magnus
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
SWO,

Nope, I have a couple boxes of the 75gr load, and have run it without problems.

However, YA GOT me in one regard!
I WAS Ass-uming Bobby picked up the 55gr stuff for informal work.
Turns out I was correct in that guess, but still, I'm guilty!

S-28

S-28, I was converting my bushy 10 round mags to 15 when I realized my .223 situation, OMG I had none.I feel NAKID without any .223 anywhere in the house.I wanted to make sure that a max of 15 rds. fit (NJ law).Like most members on this board who HOARD the stuff, I could only WISH to keep  thousands of round on hand.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
IIRC, Hornady bought 3D recently.  It's fuzzy, but this was discussed about a year ago or two.

I have shot their 3D "Coyote" 55gr soft points.... every round went bang, worked great, even in a SAAMI Oly chamber.  VERY accurate too.... compared to alternatives.

At MOST of the local DFW ranges, you have to shoot HP or SP, no FMJ, so this stuff is a good cheap practice ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top