Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2004 3:00:45 AM EDT
what are the differences between the 2 of these rounds in terms of shooting and reliability?

is one dirtier or more prone to jamming or damage than the other?

how can you visibly tell the difference between the two of these rounds?

thank you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Some people have had problems with one or the other.  The real problems were with the stuff had had red sealer around the bullet.

Both work for me, most people say the Poly is better from what I see.

Wolf only makes Poly not so its the new stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Lacquer cases are green. Polymer cases are gray. Some AR's have issues using steel cased ammo regardless of coating, some don't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got a case of the poly Wolf, but I've been shooting the lacquer stuff for years.  I haven't shot any of the poly yet.

Not to hijack the thread, but for the folks that have shot both, have you noticed any change in POI between the two?  My rifle shoots the lacquer 62gr FMJ better than the 55gr so that's what I bought a case of.

BTW with a $5.00 internet coupon I got a case of the 62 for $101.00, delivered from Sportsmans Guide.  I likey
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
TTT
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top