Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 8:44:58 PM EDT
Out of a 16 (14.5?) Colt 6400C barrel

200 yard gong...90% hits. Most misses were probably due to operator error and just downright laziness. I really dont notice a huge difference in "bang" between this and the Q3131a. Id really like to see some chrono tests on this ammo. Everyone says its underloaded...but how much?? it was shooting right to POA through my eotech, which was zeroed with the Winchester/IMI stuff.

I loved the fact that the guy with the FAL who hit the range cease fire switch without asking 1 of the 30 or so guys at the range on sunday, commented on how wolf was going to "destroy my gas system, and how Colts were poorly made peices of Sh** anyways, and so he sold his and bought a bushmaster..."

Man...

400 rounds downrange through a dirty rifle that hated the lacquer stuff. Ran great. Plink away...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Cant beat it for around .10 cents a round
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree. Everytime I go to the range, my friends want to put a hell of alot of mags through my AR. (And who doesn't?  AR's are alot of fun to shoot!)

Wolf is the only way I can afford to do this. I've had 2 Failure to Ejects in 1000 rounds. Not bad for inexpensive russian ammo. I will continue to buy alot of this and save my XM193 and Q3131A for myself!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Another question to ask is how does the wolf ammo store - self life.  This is for those that are reluctant to use (those touting - "I only use XM193 in my AR...") it unless that's all they had.  Since its cheap, it might not be bad to load up a couple K worth just to have as a last ditch effort with SHTF.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey!

I was a skeptic until I watched a guy bump fire 3-30 round mags of Wolf polymer .223 through his AR without any problems. What if any long term effects this new polymer coating will have on the chambers, bores, actions, etc; on the AR's, time will tell. I have 1K rounds of the Wolf 55gr. .223 waiting for the test.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#5]
godd cheap practice and bumpin ammo
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
XM193: Once the scope was sighted in, all hits were accounted for (within 1-2MOA from 25yd to 100yd)
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I felt better so I could shoot more often; you guys are making converts out of me!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
With the money you save.......buy a new rifle
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Other than the fact that I have to do more cleaning, more often, I'm satisfied with the Wolf Polymer stuff.  Runs great in my ARs, never had a FTF, or FTE (about 1300 rounds now) and I get reasonable groups with my 16" carbine.  I prefer to shoot WWB, or XM193 with my scoped 20" gun, but that's usually because I'm more concerned with accuracy.

Out at the range blasting?  Maximizing fun?  Wolf polymer.

Long-term storage, SHTF scenarios, training classes?  Q3131A, or XM193.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top