Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 4:31:48 PM EDT
Ok I am just about done building my two new AR's and was wondering what is the most used 223 or 5.56 used on the civialen side of the house. I mean what grain and bullet weight and so forth. I plan on takeing them out and shooting them soon but I need to zero them and need to know the correct ammo to get, I am only used to shooting the military ammo that we use at the ranges and I am not sure what grain we use any help would be welcomed and thanks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some Federal XM-193 or Winchester Q3131A, these are both 55 grain FMJ loaded hot.  Some of the best ammo you can get.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks for the info I will try and get some here in about a week so I can hit the range.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For cheap blasting ammo check out Wolf. First go to the ammunition review sticky to see what people say about it...then make your decision.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For cheap blasting ammo check out Wolf.

YEAH!  Then report back with all of the MALFs you get too!

Check out ammoman.com for a good selection.  You can even get Lake City M855, if you want the green tip penetrator round.  He has XM193 and Q3131a too!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I was looking at ammoman and he has great prices. I never touch the wolf stuff not even in my pistols. I will get some ammo from ammoman asap
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Make that "especially" in your pistols.  The .45ACP stuff will kill a well-tuned Colt.

Happy shooting!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top