Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 10:33:54 AM EDT
how much troule is it to ship ammunition?  I have a half case of 5.45 that I am wanting to trade or sell, but I didn't know how much hassle it is to ship ammo, other than it being heavy.  I have heard you have to do a haz-mat thing?  Is this true?  Is it worth the toruble?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Attach an ORM-D sticker or write ORM-D on the outside of your box, after that shipping ammo is like shipping a printer, or a vcr, or a box of shirts.  No difference.  UPS and FedEx only.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Attach an ORM-D sticker or write ORM-D on the outside of your box, after that shipping ammo is like shipping a printer, or a vcr, or a box of shirts.  No difference.  UPS and FedEx only.

All above is correct but just to add you can only ship it ground.

-John
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
i've shipped some through mailboxes etc.  if you do, remember to put it in the smallest box that you can.  it cost me more to ship 300rds than it did to ship 500 one time.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
the only thing you do is Write ORM-D on the  box and then ship it as normal?  the only thing pricey about it is the weight?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Crap!  I just noticed my link is isn't a link!  Sorry!!  It's fixed now.

Quoted:
the only thing you do is Write ORM-D on the  box and then ship it as normal?  the only thing pricey about it is the weight?

Yes!  Put it in as small and as strong a box as possible and ship it via UPS Ground.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top