Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2004 4:32:08 PM EDT
I have an old Eagle Arms DCM "Golden Eagle" with a stainless barrel and match chamber. Is there any danger to shooting XM193 through a rifle like this? Also, what kind of groups can I expect?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the barrel set up for 5.56 or .223?

Groups are part rifle and part shooter. If you sux so wont your groups.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Mil Spec ammo is usually hotter than "match grade ammo".

It's usually less accurate too.

While it won't "hurt" your gun, your accurcay will suffer, and it may accelerate barrel wear more than a milder match load.

What range are you shooting, what kind of accuracy are you looking for?

I ran XM 193 to break in a Bushy M4 chrome lined upper. Rested it at 100 yards with it's A2 sights and got about 1 1/2 MOA groups after a while..with a bunch tigther....and that's about the best I'd hope for.

My match handloads in my 26" space gun are good for sub 1 moa rested and scoped....with a lot more work and expense.

Like everything else...how much time and $$$$ do you want to throw at it.

FYI: Black Hills Blue Box shoots great, figure out if your barrel like 52's, 69's or 77's.    

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot XM-193 through a SAAMI spec match chamber with no pressure signs to the brass. A few test rounds will confirm in your chamber will handle the ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top