Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:29:00 PM EDT
Hey,  I just ordered a 18" 1/9 twist Krieger barreled upper.  The guy thats building my upper says it will shoot 1/2 MOA no prob.  Wondering what you all think would be the best shooting "factory" ammo out there.  I'm kind of partial to Black hills.   I'll be shooting paper, coyotes, etc...  So, what weight, soft point vs. V-max or whatever else, and finally, what brand?  I really really liks small groups.  Also where is the best prices on line for that stuff?thanks a lot...havea great day......
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Match the bullet weight to the intended usage.  For varmints 50-55 gr. should work well.  68-69 gr. for homeland defense with the 1/9 twist.......maybe 75 grainers.  Black Hills is a good choice.....try some different weights to see what works best.  Where are you getting your barrelled upper?  I surely would like to have a Krieger.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm getting the tactical responder from Metalcraft Specialties http://www.metalcraft-ar15.com/.
Barry Bowlds builds them, I read an article in Varmint hunter magazine where a guy tested his upper, and I was hooked.  Check out his website.  Also, thank you very much for your input...jon
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Try some Federal or BH 69 SMKs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Match the bullet weight to the intended usage.  For varmints 50-55 gr. should work well.  68-69 gr. for homeland defense with the 1/9 twist.......maybe 75 grainers.  Black Hills is a good choice.....try some different weights to see what works best.  Where are you getting your barrelled upper?  I surely would like to have a Krieger.

With an 18in barrel 75s might work ok, I've been hearing from a couple people with 20in 1/9 barrels that the 77gr ammo shoots good(for combat shooting that is) out of them. So who knows.

Other than that, um I think JStor pretty much covered it. Match the bullet weight to what type of shooting your doing.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top