Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 9:53:02 AM EDT
Anyone with any info on how bad tracer firing affects a chromed line barrel please post here.

Thanks,

Wes

Edit--spelling
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Most tracers dont actually light until they are well out of the barrel.  So hurting your barrel shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said, Cleatus.  Mil tracers won't light until 50-75 yards out of the bore, depending on Orange or Red tip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks for the info.  I was always under the impression that tracers were hard on a barrel.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with the orange, in my book they're better than red.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Orange?  Those are 62 grain right?  I just purchased some red tips from ebay to reload.  I may try and win the 62 but I dont have any load data on a 62 grain bullet with that design to work with.  I like to use win 748 ball powder as it seems to give good performance and is easy to use.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Orange?  Those are 62 grain right?  I just purchased some red tips from ebay to reload.  I may try and win the 62 but I dont have any load data on a 62 grain bullet with that design to work with.  I like to use win 748 ball powder as it seems to give good performance and is easy to use.

Wes

Correct.  Check out the ammo-oracle for more details.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top