Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:21:17 AM EDT
While looking thriugh the latest Shotgun News I happened across the above ammo for $139/1000 in ammo cans. I'm assuming it's loose-packed. Is this stuff decent or crap? With the .223 description, is it even mil-spec? I can get Q3131A for about $160/1000 through the parent's hardware store so it's no big deal if it's crap. Just wondering, if I can get decent ammo and save $20/1000, it might just be worth it, especially if the supplier we buy from is out of Q3131A, which they usually are. Thanks, guys.

Bub
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You can just give them a ring. 817-457-6000.
It sounds decent, It is IMI manufacture.

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some a few weeks ago and it shot great...not pretty looking ammo, but put about 200 rounds through a new Colt and no problems at all.  They come loose in an ammo can.  It was $164/1000 delivered to me in VA

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. If shipping is going to run the price up to $164, plus or minus, I'll just buy more Q3131A. Thanks for the replies.

Bub
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It is tumbled surplus ammo. Tumbled to remove all the dirt, grit and grime. Some primers exhibit the light hit from a firing pin indicitative of being chambered at some point. It is NOT all M193ish. It has tracer and SS109 mixed in. The tumbling takes the color off the bullet tip. I threw 2 out right off the bat because I didn't hear any powder inside. I took that to mean the seal failed and moisture got inside. Headstamps range from TW69 to TGZ95. 2 I observed actually had SS109 in the headstamp.

I've only put a couple mags or so of it downrange and I've observed 2 tracers so far. One mag I dumped on an 18" dia. 3/8" steel plate at 100 yds.. 13 of the rounds punched right thru it.

It makes good plinking ammo tho.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy bashed this ammo in another thread and I am glad to see others having a modest issue than a major problem.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I've put about 600 rounds down range and had one FTF and yes there are some tracers mixed in.  All told its decent plinking ammo but as others stated with shipping figured in  not that much cheaper than some other high quality ammo available.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top