Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2004 5:52:09 PM EDT
My team is switching from 14.5" to 10.5" uppers for some applications.  Although we are planning to use Federal 62-grain tactical bonded rounds and BH 77-grain, does anyone out there have any Military/LE info or suggestions regarding the ballistics of other rounds?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
77gr Noslers are the shit for use on bad guys. Quite expensive and rare though. hornady 75gr TAP is probably next best. I don't know about Federal Bonded, I believe the consensus was it was good for shooting through car doors, but better things exist for use on people.

Check out this website for lots of imformation on 5.56mm ammunition.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 Hornady 75gr TAP
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My team is switching from 14.5" to 10.5" uppers for some applications.  Although we are planning to use Federal 62-grain tactical bonded rounds and BH 77-grain, does anyone out there have any Military/LE info or suggestions regarding the ballistics of other rounds?

Thanks for the help.

We just played this game about 6 months ago at our PD. The two loads that you listed are what we came up with as being the best for 2 different things, although we're now switching to Hornady's 75 grain OTM TAP over the 77 SMK.

Be prepared to do a LOT of training with the 10.5s before you actually implement them. There are quirks about them that aren't there with longer setups.

-Cap'n
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top