Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 2:52:27 PM EDT
I appologize if this has been asked many times and I really have a difficult time with the search function of the forum.

I typically shoot Lake City 55 grain FMJ in my 20" AR. To get the most out of the ammo, what should I sight in for at 100 yards to be close at 200 and 300 yards?

To "get on paper" at 25 or 50 yards with a new scope, what would be the over or under be at 25 yards?  I guess what I am asking for is a trajectory chart for the 55 grain.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Information/Guides tab above.

There's info there on sighting in an AR.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition to the info mentioned by JoeInCt, the Maryland AR15 Shooters Site includes a Zeroing Methods section along with a variety of charts of Zero Trajectories.  Check out the Improved Battle Sight method: "It keeps the bullet within 2" of the point of aim from 8M to 220M."

According to Shoot v3.0 for XM193:

Set sights to shoot 0.71" High @ 100y Target for a 200y Zero.
Set sigths to shoot 2.55" High @ 100y Target for a 300y Zero.

. . . 1.44 Low @ 25y for a 200y Zero.
. . . 0.98 Low @ 25y for a 300y Zero.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top