Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:50:45 PM EDT
does someone have good experience with accuracy on +-62gr jacketed hollow points or soft point ammo? if "medium" priced commercial ammo is available, i could break in my new barrel while zeroing the sights at an indoor range and then use the same ammo for varmits at <300yds
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm...no one has found accurate JHP or JSP ammo in the +-62 gr weight at <300 yds? have you found an accurate JHP or JSP in the 55 gr weight? [unfortunately, local indoor range will only permit JHP or JSP]  recommendations on accurate "medium priced" JHP or JSP ammo greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
try the hornady 60 gr hp you will be impressed if you do not reload try the remington match 62 otm
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I had good luck with Remington match SP 62grain in my 16"bushy. It was consistently right at an inch at 100 yards with my EoTech mounted.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
IL_Shooter,

I would have emailed or Imailed this to you, but you are not accepting either, so...

I have a bunch of Winchester 64gr SP ammo that I've been trying to sell. See here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=227150

Let me know if that'd help you out.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
You may want to try the 45 grain hollow points from Winchester.  You can get 40 round packs - I get them at Wally World - and they're not that expensive.  Everyone I have heard from has said very good things about it, and my experience has been the same.  Generally very accurate in my 1/9 twist 16" Olympic - both of them.  Worked ok in my friends 1/7 twist 20" Colt Hbar too.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top