Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:49:04 PM EDT
Thanks in advance for the replies folks.  I have looked several places including the "Ammo Oracle" and the 5 pages here and have not really found any leads.  
I'm simply looking for the best weight bullet to be fired from this barrel.  If it matters any....I will be using a suppressor also.  In addition, what manufacturers would you suggest as well.  Thanks again...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that configuration.  The Varminter.  Actually the cheap stuff is more accurate for me.  The 45 grain Winchesters and the 64 grain Powerpoints give the best accuracy for me.  Followed closely by the PMC Blitzkings.   Really great setup IMHO!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf.

Just kidding, I dont know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Beerswimmer, you are toally correct, it is a "Varminteer" I completely forgot about that.  So what your sayin' is the smaller grain loads work best?  62, 69, 77's they wouldn't stabalize?  

For what its worth.....I ordered this F%cking barrel from Bushmaster on July 22nd and have still not recieved it.  I read where "fluted barrels" take longer to process and finish, but DAMN.  I love using Bushmaster products etc... but I have really been disappointed with this encounter.  For those deciding on what Sheryl/Cheryl of Bushmaster calls "an unusual barrel" you'd better order it at LEAST two months out or the proceeding season!  And be prepared for her explination "we offer 231 barrel configurations so what do you want me to tell you Mr. Thompson".......
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
why dont you pick an easier color to read likeblue

Joe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Troy....Best as far as most accurate round!  What bullet weight/manufacturer would you recommend?  I plan to shoot 100-however it will take me.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Troy.....so for different ranges, I'd use different weighted rounds?  I thought twist rates and barrel rates were relative to all ranges for the same weight, i.e. if it works at 100-200 then it would work at 400-600 yards?  Is this not true?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:07:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
why dont you pick an easier color to read likeblue

Joe

Sometimes the best thing about AR15.com is the wise cracks!!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Troy for the insight, I really had no idea about the different ranges of bullets.....
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top