Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 6:19:48 PM EDT
Is Ultramax .223 55 gr. Hollow Point good?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about the HP. But I order and my department fires 10000 rds of the FMJ per year. It works great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a case of 250 rounds from cabelas and went through it without a singal problem. Cannot really comment on the accuracy, as I don't really have anything to compare it to there. All i know is that they fed, fired, and extracted every time without a hitch. Also, haven't got a chance to try these on varmints yet but hopefully soon. I have seen a warning or two on this board to stay away from Ultramax, but i'm wondering if anyone has actually had any serious problems with it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for bringing that to my attention brouhaha. I hadn't viewed that post before because of the unspecific title. I think it should be noted that the user in that post did not experience a damaged rifle.....just a pretty good scare. This is interesting though because I know of more than one police department that buy quite a bit of Ultramax each year, not to mention XM17SBullpup's. Also, my experience with it has been very good so far. However with Ultramax costing about as much as U.S.G.I ammo, I might as well go with the tried and true.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a box of 50 rounds of ultramax .223 and had one primer blow.  Mine were the Ultramax loaded with nosler balistic tips.  May have been a fluke. But I don't use it anymore.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top