Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That's not .223 (as in 5.56x45).

You are looking at a WSSM.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I hunt deer with 55 grain winchester supreme ballistic tips in .223

WICKED

I've taken 4 deer with me AR with this ammo and none have taken one more step after getting hit with one of them. Even running.

Make sure you get a neck shot or heart shot or you will blow them to hell. I'm talking holes that you can put your fist thru.

I would NOT want to get hit with one of them.

Most devastating rounds I've ever used in any caliber..

The 50 grain loads are really fun for plinking in the ballistic tip, that is we load as our pet loads.. as high as the manual says..
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up some of the 50gr. Ballistic Silvertips. They are really pretty looking.

www.winchester.com/products/catalog/cfrdetail.aspx?symbol=SBST223&cart=MjIzIFJlbWluZ3Rvbg==

Should these be fine to shoot from an AR?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have these loaded in the "home defense CQB" mag.  Much better than FMJ's which may penetrate more than needed.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top