Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 4:20:32 PM EDT
Surplus ammo Yugo 7.62x39 FMJ, anybody tried this ammo yet? If so how did it shoot, good ammo?
Thanks,
Gavino
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have heard it is corrisive, I was going to get a case from where I buy my ammo and it was all gone
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at some, since its corrosive Im staying away, I got plenty of SHTF 7.62x39 already.  It does come with the good stripper clips though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a bunch of the S&B Yugo ammo, and despite what it says on the box, it IS corrosive. Tore up the upper handguard/whatever you call it that goes around the piston. Heavy pitting, after only 30 rds fired and I forgot to clean that area.

I got nearly 2k rds to shoot up and replace with a non-corrosive replacement. It shoots alright, and has been reliable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
S&B Yugo? Which one?

If it is the 7.62 X 39, I have tons of it and it most certainly isnot corrosive,  military ammo is another mater.

It's the ammo with grey enameled cases, in green S&B boxes. This stuff is definitely corrosive. I've read that it may be older military ammo, bullets pulled, and new powder put in (but with the old corrosive primers). It's reliable, and decently accurate, but I want non-corrosive ammo for SHTF purposes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I've shot a bunch of it back in the mid-90's when it was available. Very nice stuff, but a little expensive. AK's run just about anything, so I get the cheapest there is. Wolf, usually, or some of the Uly that AIM had on sale.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top