BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 7:21:30 AM EDT
Just received 1k rounds from ammoman.

9mm  M882.

This is great ammo, very snappy.  $150 delivered.

I recommend anyone shooting sub guns get some.

Also came with a NEW ammo-can, correctly marked for the ammo it contains.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Still haven't shot my yet.

500rds do not come with ammo can, I'm guessing 1k+ only.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm rotten.  I settled for the Wally World Winchester 9mm.  It's about $11 for a box of 100.  Seems to be as reliable as anything else.  Sorry Ammoman, it's just a better deal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought 500 rounds of +P Speer Gold Dot from AmmoMan for $109 Delivered.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm rotten.  I settled for the Wally World Winchester 9mm.  It's about $11 for a box of 100.  Seems to be as reliable as anything else.  Sorry Ammoman, it's just a better deal.

Well, thats about $120 per K with tax and all.  For $30 more...  you get NATO spec, 124gr, hotter ammo, with an ammo can.... and all delivered right to your door.

I am either gonna shoot CCI blazer, at $85/k.... or I am gonna shot the good NATO spec stuff.....  White box is great.... but for just a few $$$ more you get so much more.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just bought 500 rounds of +P Speer Gold Dot from AmmoMan for $109 Delivered.

Does your batch have the "A" in the primer cup?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
and, don't forget, you can swim with the NATO 9mm.

GBTUSA, to answer your question, no.    The GD ammo Ammoman has for sale is the "not for le use".  Although, it goes bang everytime you pull the trigger.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
and, don't forget, you can swim with the NATO 9mm.

GBTUSA, to answer your question, no.    The GD ammo Ammoman has for sale is the "not for le use".  Although, it goes bang everytime you pull the trigger.

Joe

I bought some of the GD from AMMOMAN and I like it but........I think I found the reason it was rejected in the first place.  I believe the loads are not consistent in the powder charges as I can shoot it just fine in 2 of my 3, 9mm guns, but I get FTF when I use it in the 3rd pistol so I think there are some under powered loads.  The pistol that has issues with the ammo is my P7M13 and it is a steel frame gun with a light slide and delayed blow back operation and of the thousands of rounds of various brands of ammo, I experience my first malfunction with this stuff.  I really don't know what the deal is with it but it was cheap, it does go bang most of the time, but I would NEVER use it as a self defense load (*The LE rejects from Ammoman).  I have even put this stuff through a buddy's MP5SD and it worked just fine.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Getting a little off the string's topic, but I got some of the gold dots about three months ago, all 1000 rnds had an "A" in the primer cup.  These were replacement rounds for the recalled ammo of several years ago.  The "A" marked primers all passed qc at speer but they couldn't sell them as new ammo so the rnds that weren't sent out as replacement were bulk packaged.  I have shot about 300 rnds and have had zero problems with primers, feeding, or load fwiw.

I got a can of the m882 that had a piece of paper in it that had lots of data on it (in abbreviations) but one line said it had passed all inspections.  Haven't shot any yet but I'm glad Eric is gonna have it around for awhile.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]
bought 1k of the gd's from ammoman.  EVERYONE seemed very hot.  flattened primers etc,

Everyone (500 so far)  went bang, very well.

TXL
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top