Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:58:31 PM EDT
This may or may not be news, but I thought some of you guys who have/will be hunting with this caliber and load them selves. Remington has a 130gr Pointed Soft Point Core-Lokt. The bullet Dia. is .277(which is right I think) and the Index/EDI No.RB2772 (per 100 bullets).

I've only heard of people talk of loading this round with 100/110/115/120gr bullets, and I just got the 6.8 itch, so I hope this is helpful to someone out there.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip.  There are many 130gr and heavier bullets out there.  The main issue is them being very long which drastically reduces internal powder volume.  I'd be interested to see the length of the 130gr SP and if it will feed.

-z
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Zak,
I was on remingtons web page and saw that they list a load in the reduced recoil for a .270 with 115 Grain bullets... I was thinking about getting, a box and pulling some to experiment for hunting purposes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Use them in a 270WIN, or in a 6.8SPC?

If the latter, just use their full-power loading with the 115gr.  You won't be able to meet the same ballistics with reloads right now anyway.

-z
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Using the 115 grain bullets in the 6.8 SPC. The bullets were designed to handle the lower velocities in the reduced load for the .270 Win, (Expand better a lower speed) So this may be ideal for hunting???
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course.  The 115gr was designed specifically for the 6.8SPC, and it's the only bullet weight Remington lists for their factory loads.

The reports I've heard is that the 115gr OTM kills deer very well.

-z
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top