Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2004 10:18:51 AM EDT
Just received some XM193 (LC-02) from Sportsmans Guide, and its loose packed in 500rnd boxes. WTF ? The last time I bought XM193 it was from Wholesale Hunter and came in the usual 20rnd boxes. The Sportsman's Guide web page does show a 20rnd box, implying that this is how their ammo is shipped .

This isn't a huge inconvenience, as I will just decant off the ammo into an ammo can for trips to the range, but the 20rnd boxes would have been nicer (particularly for my grab-n-go bag). Is this how all XM193 is shipping now, or do I need to shop around for the 20rnd boxed stuff in future ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
This is how mine came from SG.

The boxes were brown as opposed to white in their pics.  Looking back I'd rather have the same ammo loosely packed because I have plenty of magazines and one of these:

If you complain they will probably take the ammo back.  Not sure if all ammo is coming loose now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats how the ammo came from Wholesale Hunter. As I said, the loose packing from SMG is not a particular problem for me, I'm just curious. I'll probably order more XM193 soon, so we'll see how that comes... I'm all excited with anticipation .
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the xm855 comes loose packed, but I've never had the xm193 come that way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Surely much less labor involved packing loose, so they cut off ordering any more 20 rd boxes for the XM193, and started right out with loose pack for the XM855.

Perhaps we're also seeing the last of the XM193 as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got some of the loose packed SMG XM193 as well.  I was a little put off as I was used to the 20 rd. boxes.  However, I did discover that my loose packed stuff was way cleaner than my previous boxed stiff.  Over 4,000 rd. of this stuff from SMG and I had gotten used to some pretty grimy cases.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree that the loose-packed stuff does look a bit cleaner. Its also more convenient for mag loading.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top