Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 7:55:18 PM EDT
Hello i have a friend who reloads .223 for his rifle but  he has a problem with it not wanting to load all the way into the chamber. it stops just short of where the bolt would lock in.  he has been trying to solve this issue for some time and he cannot determan why the shells will not load in all the way.  i am not shure how to really discribe it,   all i know is that he uses small base dies for reloading.  any sujestions or help would be aperated

Thank you

Jesse
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, the cases are not being sized enough if they won't fit into the chamber.  Your friend needs to get a full length resizing die.  He should also try the resized case in the chamber of the rifle he is using before going any further.

Otherwise, if it's not the case resizing, I would suspect either he has the bullet seated so far out that the bullet is contacting the lands, preventing the round from fulling seating.  I doubt this though.  Or that he is not trimming his cases to the required specs.

Could be that the die is out of spec.  It is hard to tell what's wrong by the info you gave.  Have your friend tell you step by step how he processes the cases and report back.  Also, info on the rifle would help.  Could be that the headspace is too short.  We just need more info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
This is NOT the Reloading forum.  Please read ALL of the posts tacked to the top of the thread before posting again.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top