Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 7:25:19 AM EDT
any one have any exp. with this ammo ?
 its a polymer cased  55gr.fmj   from NATEC inc. made in plattsburgh NY.

the base is brass , from  there up its grey plastic

i picked up a box of 20 for $3.40

guess ill do a lil can plinking with it

i have seen reference to WOLF polymer case ammo
i thought WOLF was a coated steel case
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are a couple of threads from this month which have discussed NATEC:

My warning, PCA Spectrum Ammunition

and

NATEC range report

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had cases separate in the chamber.  Three at the brass and one neck.  I won't shoot this junk again.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot a whole whopping 20 rounds through my RRA M4 profile upper with no problems.  Did it after I rapidly unloaded a 30rd mag of Q3131A.  Seeing as how I can get the Q3131A for the same price as the PCA stuff around there, I'll be sticking with the Winchester.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Having burned a case or three, and after having a few problems here and there.
The folks at NATEC have some issues to addesss.

If you EVER have a problem with the ammo contact them and let them know what happened.

They are good folks and WANT to make the best for us, and those that keep us free.

New Technologys often face new challenges.
The folks at NATEC  are up against such things plus the political problems that make us all grind our teeth.

They are honestly "Trying" from what I can gather.

Godspeed to them.

S-28

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
well my AR didnt like this stuff at all
glad i only got 1 box of 20
cuz,
only got to  fire 15 ---  jam after jam
the last 5 i pulled bullets and threw them in the trash can

ok ok---- live n learn !
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
EMAIL sent to   NATEC-US.com

with report of my day at the range with thier product

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I fired maybe 40 rounds or so of it.  I had no problems whatsoever and I will buy more the next time I get up to the fun store.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot close to 100 rounds of it and I'll be buying more of it next time I go to the fun store.  Seems as hot as the other stuff I shoot, and accuracy is fine too.  100 rounds isnt very conclusive, but I've not had any problems to speak of.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I've shot about 1500 rounds through 3 different post86 guns... No problems to report so far. Works great, although it's a little underpowered.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
18 rounds through my carbine before the case neck ripped off. No excuse for it period.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't trust any ammo that you can pull the bullet out with your thumb.

Not in a semi, anyway.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I shot 90 rounds of the stuff the other day, and I found two or three cases on the ground with the neck/shoulder ripped off.  Every bullet hit the target, and I suspect that the blown off case necks simply followed the bullets out of the bore..  No big deal, but I think I'll stick with brass from now on.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top