Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 4:18:20 PM EDT
i've seen this stuff packed loose 1000rds.
is it worth looking into?

in thier description they state that its not the prettiest looking stuff and may have dings...however, looking at other threads this is no big deal.

$140 for 1000 rds.. worth a shot?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
TZZ headstamp is defintiely IMI.

IMI is not known to have made junk over the years.

Only issue might be the date showing on the headstamp.
Older the stuff, the greater the possibility of improper storage over the years.

I agree with you about the appearance of the brass. Some of the XM193 I've bought
has been really sorry looking. Experience has shown there's a big difference between
dings and gouges, and Federal is not known to make or market junk, either.

The price is certainly good. A thousand rounds of XM193 goes for $200 ~ $240 locally for me.

Risk analysis conclusion: go for it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a 1000rds from AmmoToGo a few months and already went through it. You are probably looking at the same ads that I found on GunBroker.com. This is good ammo. I had maybe 3-5 bad rounds and for the most part it doesn't look tarnished.  I was able to blow up water jugs at 200 yards without a problem. he
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just bought a 1000rds from AmmoToGo a few months and already went through it. You are probably looking at the same ads that I found on GunBroker.com. This is good ammo. I had maybe 3-5 bad rounds and for the most part it doesn't look tarnished.  I was able to blow up water jugs at 200 yards without a problem. . If you want the phone number, I can give it to you. They are easy to deal with over the phone. You don't need to make bids on gun broker to order.

those are the ads.
are the deals better if called in? or is that the best price they offer?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have also purchased this ammo from AmmoToGo. I paid $139.00 plus $18.00 shipping, they will let you buy additional quantities with no added shipping charges. The ammo is TZZ, packed in .50 cal cans, very clean. Well worth the money.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top