Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 6:17:21 PM EDT
I'm about to purchase a large amount of the new Wolf polymer-coated ammo in .223.  I bought two boxes of it at my local shop to see if my Bushy would have any problems digesting it before I made an order.  It was the 55 gr. HP.  I wanted to try FMJ's as well but they only had those in the older lacquer coating, which I'm not interested in.  

Anyway my question is has anyone noticed better accuracy from the HP's versus the FMJ's in the 55 gr. weight?  I was able to produce a 3 shot group @ 50 yards that measured .78".  This was done using a 16" chrome barrel, Aimpoint ML2, and a front bag for support.  I'm not the greatest shot in the world by any means but I thought this was damn good for this type of ammo.  With a scoped rifle at twice that distance I see no reason why I couldn't produce groups with similar group sizes.  Can I expect similar results from the FMJ rounds as well?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?  Bueller?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Ballpark 2moa for any Russian 5.56. Was even shooting 55hp wolf with scope yesterday. You are as likely to get 3moa as 1moa, with consistency being the killer. Switched around from SB SS109, GP90, and Russian stuff, and the nice brass stuff always grouped tidy so the flyers were not my shooting. Plinks fine though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, consistency was what I noticed as well.  My best group happened to be .78" @ 50 yards but I couldn't get that to repeat on a group to group basis.  I had no problem hitting 1 gal. water jugs at 100 yards consistently though.  It took me a while to get use to the much milder sound, recoil and lack of flash.  I just ordered up 1000 rounds from ammunitionstore.com.  I was just happy that it functioned in my rifle.  Now I can save the XM193 for a rainy day.    
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top