Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2004 7:21:08 AM EDT
I got 500 from wholesale hunter with a head stamp of 02, but my 500 from ammoman is 03?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#1]
LC is LC, as long as you KNOW how many times they have been reloaded, your good to go with either.

It's great SHTF or plinking brass, IMO, but for my accuracy loads I use nuthin but Remington.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I got 500 from wholesale hunter with a head stamp of 02, but my 500 from ammoman is 03?

I think what Mr. Wilson is trying to say is this (he'll correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure):  If you're talking live ammo, then ammo's ammo, so go for it.  If you're talking brass for reloading, it depends on if your blasting or trying for accuracy.  In the case of the former, brass is brass and mixing headstamps is fine.  If you're looking for accuracy, you may not find LC to give great accuracy on reloads (then again, you might).  If you are going for accuracy, most people don't like to mix headstamps, even if it's the same company but different years.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Military marskmanship people use LC brass because it's hard and thin, perfect for an autoloader wanting maximum case capacity.  They have a 500 yard range with machine rest to test accuracy, so I bet there is another reason they use LC brass.........................  

Edit :If this is just about ammo, make sure your zero is consistent with both types and don't sweat it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top