Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 1:19:28 PM EDT
I just checked out GPSS and got sticker shock on their BH 77 gr Nosler ammo.  I should get my new SPR upper in the mail tomorrow and I want to shoot as close to mil-spec SPR ammo that I can.  Am I stuck with paying $350 for 500 rounds of this stuff or is there other options?  I am clueless to all the different loads and bullets used.  I know that the real SPR is 77 grain Sierra Match King's right?  After that I just get confused.  Let me know what my options are.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it's not as hot as the mil-spec Nosler stuff, but if you just want a 77gr load that's very accurate, try the Black Hills blue box 77gr Sierras.  I'd also recommend the Hornady 75gr load from Carl Leisinger at www.radomski.us/njhp/major.htm.  Good stuff, good terminal performance, relatively inexpensive.

You probably won't be able to find another commercial load as hot as the Mk262 stuff.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Major's price was better but I still don't understand why this is so much more than regular 55 or 62 grain stuff.  There is a local guy that reloads once fired LC brass and I get alot of my stuff from him for $150 for 1000.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top