Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 9:47:39 PM EDT
If someone can verify this for me, I would be most appreciative.

If I remember correctly, IMI used both the IMI and TZZ marking on their headstamps.  Is this correct?

My case of IMI M855 just got here today by UPS and is marked with the NATO headstamp and TZZ, 00; which tells me that it was  made by IMI in 2000.  The green painted tips would also indicate that it is M855 ammo.

Could someone verify for me that my reading of the headstamp is correct?

Thanks,

-Frank
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yiddish is a branch of German, and uses the Roman alphabet, just like English, but Hebrew characters were used.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the Yiddish word for Bedbug?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's the Yiddish word for Bedbug?

You and I have seen that on "M*A*S*H", I think the correct  3-letter word for Yiddish bedbug  is "VOT"....

Now get back to your ship.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought some IMI M193 from Botach. One case had headstamps marked TZZ 01 the other case had headstamps marked IMI 02. Ammo and packaging was otherwise the same. It would seem that there was a change in headstamp on ammunition intended for the commercial market about 2002.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top