Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2004 5:33:13 PM EDT
1/2 Case from Wholesalehunter for testing. Up until now I have shot 3131 pretty much.

Headstamp: LC 02
Lot: 53

Well, the brass looks like crap for one thing. And, out of the 3 20 round boxes I have opened, I have found 4 or 5 cases that have small dents near the case neck.

Is this typical? Are those cases just tosser? Out of the thousands of 3131's that I have shot, I have never seen a buggered case. Usually the stuff made by IMI.

I really don't care how the cases look per se, but dents? I dunno. That's weak IMO....

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 4/29/2004 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good God, here we go AGAIN!
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That's not unusual for Lake City XM193 but they always worked for me.  I've never had a problem with their ugly ammo.

Check this link out ->www.ammo-oracle.com/body.htm#lcugly

Link Posted: 4/29/2004 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Yojimbo for the 411. I won't sweat it I guess. I hear it shoots good.

Since the search is presently broken: where are you getting stiripper clips from ?

Link Posted: 4/29/2004 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks Yojimbo for the 411. I won't sweat it I guess. I hear it shoots good.

Since the search is presently broken: where are you getting stiripper clips from ?

Wu's:

www.angelfire.com/on2/PandaWeb/wupage.html
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't used any of this, but it's common in the XM193 and I even see it occasionally in the Black Hills blue box reloads also.  Theoretically, the dents decrease the volume of the case, and from a purely technical standpoint, could increase pressures a tiny bit, but I would be more worried about chipped brass around the case mouth, which I see once in a while or light cracks, which would lead me to discard rounds with those problems.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Shoot it up, you wont be dissapointed at all
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]
JLM,

As mentioned above I got my stripper clips from Wu's.  

Cheers!
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#8]
When I bought my first case I had the exact same concerns, but I've had fantastic results with Lake City M193 ball (mostly bought form HH).  I've shot cases of the dirty, dinged brass and have yet to have any problems.  It's great ammunition. Don't give it a second thought.  Shoot it up and enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The dents are easily removed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
We shot it in the Army without any problems.  The LC M855 often looked a little screwed up too.  Never had a problem with it.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Just shoot and enjoy.  Expect some decent fireballs!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
And LOUD!! Or maybe it's just me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
It's all I shoot.  Love the stuff.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The worst thing Ive seen is ammo which did not have the bullets seated properly as in the cannelure was way above the crimp or it was way below the crimp.  Dont know who was on the crack pipe that day but their quality control sucks at times.  That being said it may not be as pretty as q3131a but every round has gone bang for me and I havent blown up my rifle yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#14]
muzzel flash is much bigger.

Before I reloaded, I used tons of the XM193, never a FTF ever!

Yeah, it's kinda ugly but that makes it much more tactical!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
JLM,

As mentioned above I got my stripper clips from Wu's.  

Cheers!

Hell yeah wu is the shit got my stuff from him also...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top