Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2004 6:30:31 AM EDT
I'm looking for (3) .50 ammo cans, (1) short one and (2) tall ones to be exact.

I've bought them from Cheaper Than Dirt in the past but, after visiting their site, they only seem to have crappy ones. According to their site, some have "rust, scratches, scuff marks and small dents". I also found after searching the boards that one member received some that were just plain nasty. No thank you sir. I don't care about scratches, scuff marks or dings but small dents and rust doesn't sound good. I want these things to last (I know, I'm picky)

I also found after searching that Sportsman Guide sometimes has them but I checked their site and they currently do not have any in stock.

Getting some at a gun show is an option but that would be my last option. I never go to gun shows and I'd rather just order them and be done with it.

After searching the web,I did find some short cans listed on these sites (as well as a few others):
Military Outlet
Camping Survival

I've never dealt with either merchant so I have no idea what the quality would be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Matt

Since I don´t know your price range on this I´d recommend here:
[url]http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/results.tam?rlk=6663919[/url]

Fixd the link

MN
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply Markus. Price isn't that much of an issue. $5-$10 a piece is fine. I've been digging around the net some more and have found plenty of merchants that sell the short cans. What I'm really having a problem finding are the tall cans. I've measured out how many ammo boxes I can fit in a tall one and it's great for my needs. I might call CTD Monday and s/w with someone directly about the condition of the cans.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
You mentioned no gun shows, but that's where I find the best ones.  I bought 10 of the short ones at the last show and paid only $3/ea.  Great condition.  And I had the option to hand pick the ones I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You mentioned no gun shows, but that's where I find the best ones.  I bought 10 of the short ones at the last show and paid only $3/ea.  Great condition.  And I had the option to hand pick the ones I wanted.
View Quote

I hear ya. I may have to go that route. I would just rather pay shipping than spend my free time driving.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Northern Tool usually has lots of them, all different kinds

check them out if you have one local.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Northern Tool usually has lots of them, all different kinds

check them out if you have one local.
View Quote

No such place out here. Thank you for replying though.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top