Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 7:17:58 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with Ultramax remanufactured ammo.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, stay away from it, unless you want a BLOWN UP RIFLE...

FU, ultramax!!!

i learned the hard way...

http://www.fulcrumband.com/fob.htm
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used a lot of it and if fired and functioned fine.  It would be a good choise in my opinion, for practice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Never used it myself, but my regular shooting partner bought some. It wouldn't work the action in his AR. He shot it up in his Savage bolt. Calls it "Ultramin".
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The 38 SPL is Underpowered, overpriced and burns dirtier than WOLF on a bad day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used it without issue in my AR. However, the price of it really doesn't warrant using it as a staple. There's much better ammo out there to be had for the same money, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it.  Seems to be just like Federal XM193 (right down to the LC cases) except that it is not quite as "hot."  But like was said earlier, you can buy real Federal XM193 for the same price on Wholesale Hunter:  http://www.wholesalehunter.com/AR15deals/deals.htm
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used the 55gr. Nosler BT load, and it shoots reliably 3/4MOA out of my target AR.

Having said that, I've only run about 300 rounds of it through my rifle.  I now handload, so I don't buy commercial anymore.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top