Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2003 5:13:03 PM EDT
Anyone tried any? Just got a dealers flyer with no prices,thought I'd give them a call. Apparently they just landed a huge contract from Uncle Sugar.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some limited experience with their pistol ammo and it leaves a LOT to be desired.

I have to assume the rifle ammo they produce is on the same level.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot some of their 9mm that a buddy bought at a gun show.  It seemed to be really hot compared to everything else we were shooting.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
We sold it for a short time but found that people got really mad when chunks of brass came off the bullet in the chamber causing a barrel obstrution.

Too many other complaints to list.  

I hope they didn't get a govt. contract the ammo is junk.

Maybe it is to leave laying around so the bad guys all have weapon failures while trying to use captured ammo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
IU don;t know about all of that.  I fired about 1000 rds of the .40 S&W ammo and it fired fine, for really cheap ammo that is.  I would buy more for plinking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I got some 45 in it, its cheap other then its brass case its about the same as wolf.  I wont be buying it anymore.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe it is to leave laying around so the bad guys all have weapon failures while trying to use captured ammo.
View Quote

Didn't the British do that that in Africa so the natives would give up their guns after the first few explosions?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never heard of that, but it would not be far fetched.  It has been a common tactic throughout history.

In WWII the Germans would leave behing handgrenades with 1/4 second fuses for the Russians to keep them from being eager to use captured German equipment.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top