Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 4:36:52 PM EDT
My indoor range allows S & B ammo claiming it has steel in it, but it is not steel jacketed.  Is this the same for Sapsan?  Is there something I can download to prove to the range it is as ok to shoot Sapsan as S & B?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I think sapsan is made in the barnaul plant. Its a copper washed jacket i think. From the pics it looks like it has the red sealant around the neck of the bullet that caused problems with the old wolf. My advice would be to buy some wolf its cheaper and the jacket is 100% copper.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Good thing I only have 2K rounds of this stuff to get rid of!  :-0   Russ  PS: It reacts the same way to the magnet test as S&B does.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Sapsan come from both Uly and Barnaul.  Yes, they are both Bi-metal jackets.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I follow what you are saying, I should be able to shoot Sapsan ammo at my indoor range.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Sapsan is Ulyanovsk...not Barnaul ammo.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The Sapsan is bimetal (copper over steel)just like Barnaul.  It is hard on backstops and makes big sparks when it hits steel or rock.  If the range doesn't allow steel, you shouldn't use Sapsan.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top