Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 8:00:06 AM EDT
I ran into a guy selling 1000 rounds of Lake City demilled ammo at the gun show yesterday for 139.00.  It is all loose rounds in a 50cal ammo can, but looked very shiny and new.  Anyone have any experience with this stuff?  He said it was 55gr.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the ammo you're talking about is loaded by Dallas Reloading Company.  I've gone through a few thousand rounds of it without any trouble.

It has a LOT of flash out of my 16" post-ban w/o brake.  I never tested any for accuracy, but never had any function problems.

For the money I'd just buy some Wolf for plinking and some XM193 or Q3131A for a "rainy day".
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ran into a guy selling 1000 rounds of Lake City demilled ammo at the gun show yesterday for 139.00.  It is all loose rounds in a 50cal ammo can, but looked very shiny and new.  Anyone have any experience with this stuff?  He said it was 55gr.
View Quote

In a situation like this you have no way of knowing if those have been handled safely or not.  It's a "Pig in a poke" and I wouldn't touch it.

[b]Wholesale Hunter has brand new XM193 for $149.50,[/b] that is a heck of a better deal!  $74.75 for 500 rds, or $149.50 for 2 boxes.

[url]http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/subcategory.asp?scid=11&ret_id=373508[/url]

OOPS corrected! [pound]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Delivered? are you sure about that? It looked to me like there was still a shipping charge.
???
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Verified. $19.58 for UPS ground, for 1000 rnds. That makes it about $0.17 a round for me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd stay away from that vender.  I've spoken with other venders and was told this guy is fishy.  Meaning, he was selling LC that was loaded with Hornery FMJ bullets at the show before last (thats what his sign said and I seen it).  Why would LC use hornery componets?  Anyway from my observations two show's ago he was selling black tip 7.62X39 in packs of 10 IRRC and called it armor piercing.  It looked like normal russian with painted black tips.  Also, he had other rounds with nice fresh paint.  From my obervations at the show last weekend I seen that LC demill stuff and I think its really reloads.  BTW - I saw a young lady there sunday pulling loose rounds out of a box and putting them in green boxes (maybe S&B) that had ss109 in them and these rounds looked like they had a fresh painted green tip lighter that what I've seen on other reall ss109.  Personally, unless the box is factory sealed I wouldn't buy from this guy.  I was told buy another vender this guy was told to stop selling what he was claiming to be LC with hornery componets and now its called demill.  Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information.  I did end up buying a case of Wolf 7.62 FMJ from the guy for 74.00, so at least I have that going for me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I fell into that same trap at a gun show in IL last year.  1000 rounds of loose LC in a .50 cal ammo can.  The seller said something about it being "delinked", blah blah blah, and it was only about $150, so I bought it.  Blew primers left and right.  I spent more time clearing primers out of my upper than I did shooting it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top