Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2003 3:17:39 PM EDT
I just got my first AR-15. I haven't shot it yet but I bought some Black Hills 55 gr FMJ to run through it. It is remanufactured ammo. Reading over my owners manual though I noticed that it recommended against remanufactured ammunition. Do I have anything to be concerned about? I haven't bought remanufactured ammo before, though Black Hills has earned a good reputation. If remanufactured is problematic though I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Hills blue box is reman, red box is new.  I would and do trust Black Hills in all my rifles.  I doubt that any gun manufacture would complain (or void warranty) if you used Black Hills.  Black Hills is more expensive than Mil Surplus or M193 spec ammo when on sale.  Check out Wholesale Hunter for a good deal on XM193.

MM
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought MM. I read the post about Wholesale Hunter an hour or two ago and already put in my order for 1000 rounds. Certainly a nice deal.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Black Hills is a good company, nothing wrong with their ammo, but the deal from Wholesale Hunter is the better deal money wise!  

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
It was my understanding that Black Hills gets most, if not all of their once fired brass from the military, not somewhere where they don't know how many times its been through the sizing die before.  

It's also my understanding that Armalite used to or still uses Black Hills to test fire their new rifles.  I emailed them one time to find out if they used the new or remanufactured ammo and didn't get a reply.  They, and most other companies, give the warning you describe.  For good reason, I guess, as they want to cover themselves legally, which I can understand.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Black Hills Remanuf. is in my opinion the best stuff out there. Damn accurate,reliable,good terminal ballistics. I like the remanufactured 69 gr. Sierra Match Kings(1/9twist files) better than the new ones. The brass is also military spec Lake City.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top