Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 11:29:29 PM EDT
I recently bought a case of LC which ended up being 1/2 lot 42 and 1/2 lot 43.  I know you all will say I F***ed up, but I emptied all of the boxes into a single box and then loaded my mags, I'm lazy. I took over 30-20 round mags to the public range.   My point is that on my last cycle of cease fires at the range, the range master came to me and said he had been watching my rifle.  He said that about 1 out of 3 shots had an "impressive" flame well over a foot from my barrel, but the others had no flame. Of course all rounds have headstamp of LC 02 and I doubt I can ever sort out which were from either lot.  

Were the inconsistencies between the lots? Or, is LC not that consistent?  BTW, I also had 5 "fail to fire" with clear primer indents.  

I wish now I had kept them separate, but does anyone else have a similar experience with either lot 42 or 43 or similar inconsistency?  I surely hope it is the lot.  Dan
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top