Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2003 10:19:26 PM EDT
I have a OA-93.

What is the best ammo for defense? Also, would anybody know velocity out of this 6.5" with 55gr. NATO load?

What is the best ammo (must work in the OA-93) to defeat obstacles?

thnx
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=174970[/url]

Figure the velocity to be a little less than the 7.5" value.

Define obstacles,,,, I can tell you that a 55gr Speer SP in front of 23gr of H322 out of the 7.5" will punch a hole clean thru a steel auto wheel at 50ft.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be looking for a .45ACP barrel....
[;)]

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I define obstacle as ACF (i.e. armor clad felon).

Velocity should be around 2150fps? I am guesstimating.

I am leaning toward polymer tipped .223 rounds but recent discussion about >62gr. bullet fragmenting at lower velocities is kinda changing my mind. I will have to wait to read the threshold for fragmentation on those 100gr Open tip in terms of velocity to see if they are any useful... uhoh, I remebered I need a different twist rate...shoot!! I guess I'll stay with JHP and Polymer tips.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Any typical vest is not intended to catch a rifle bullet,,, aerodynamic shape of bullet-velocity, will go right through.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top