Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2003 10:27:46 AM EDT
Is there a 9mm FMJ on the market that will hit even close to point of aim of this thing for practice?

NATO ball is close in weight but way slower.

Is there any UK Mk2Z still on the market? Or would some of the Hirtenburger SMG ammo?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If your talking about the 127gr +P+ load, I carry it in my XD SubCompact. I find that Winchester 124gr FMJ (USA9MM product code) shoots to pretty much the same point of impact, and with nearly the same feel as the Ranger. The Ranger 127gr +P+ acutally is easier for me to control than the 147gr load. I'm faster to get back on target with the lighter, higher pressure load. My current lot of the USA FMJ is 30UB21 and is pretty consistent for me. Grouping around 2 inches at 25 yards in my Sub from a rest and from a kneeling positon.

In fact, I just shot some USA 147gr JHP and Rangers in both 127gr +P+ and 147gr weights in wet newsprint today. I wish I had a digicam handy to snap some pics of the bullets. The 127gr epanded to right at 3/4" at the widest point, while the 147gr only expanded to 5/8" I have shot the 127gr into water and it measured the same as this one. In fact the bullets look almost the same. The USA 147gr JHP only went 1/2" but lacks the "claws" of the Ranger.

Only one thing to say upon seeing the Rangers in comparison to Gold Dots, Win USA JHPs and other HP loads: N-A-S-T-Y!! ...I would not want to take a hit from the Talon.

Edited to add: The Ranger 127gr +P+ groups under 2 inches in similar conditions.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top