Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 4:08:22 PM EDT
I wrote black hills inquiring which loads have a cannelure on them.  I referred to the fact that my 68 grain hornady's I bought from Gander Mountain had a cannelure on it.  It is a Hornady bullet and Hornady doesn't show it with a cannelure in their catalog.  So I got back this response from a Mr.Carl W. Bullock.

He stated that all of the hornady bullets they load have a cannelure on them because they know they might see use in a semi auto.  The hornady bullets they load that have  a cannelure are such:
50 grain Vmax (ballistic tip)
60 grain Vmax   "    "
55 grain FMJ
55 grain Pointed Soft Point
60 grain Pointed Soft Point
52 grain Hollow Point (match)
68 grain Hollow Point (match)
75 grain Hollow Point (match)

They didn't mention anything about the 69 and 77 matchkings but I think from Brouhaha's analysis(and probably other threads) we knew that they don't have one.

I'll apologize in advance if this is redundant to anyone.  If anyone would like more info on their loadings there are several websites you could access but there is probably the best.  It is I think www.blackhills.com.  I think.  do a search if you can't find it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I pulled a couple of 75gr OTMs from their cases last week.  One from a Blue Box and one from a Red Box.  Neither had cannalures.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the cannelures on the 75 gr are a relatively recent development.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
forest, I went to gander mountain tonight and they have a variety of blue box.  Everything that they had that was listed above had a cannelure EXCEPT, 50 grain vmax.  I don't know what's up but maybe it IS a new thing and they have some out there that they didn't put it on.  But I'm definitely getting conflicting stories from others too.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top