Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2003 5:51:53 PM EDT
I know some of you gents love this stuff, so here's the skinny: 1000 rds for $149.50 + shipping (~$12-14)

search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=a-7002&category=Ammo&maxhits=20&keywords=a223remcafa

EDIT: It says $3.29/Box but don't miss the statement "25+ Boxes = $2.99/Box" under the description.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried to order 1000 rounds of the ammo, but at checkout it asked for my zip code (MN) to figure the shipping. The shipping cost for me was $19.07. I get the Lake City ammo for $12.20 more.  I understand $12.00 is a savings, but is worth it?

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
This isn't the XM193 stuff made by Lake City.  It is Federal commercial ammo.  I bet it's not as hot as the M193 spec.  I would stay away from the Federal brass too if you're thinking about reloading it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This isn't the XM193 stuff made by Lake City.  It is Federal commercial ammo.  I bet it's not as hot as the M193 spec.  I would stay away from the Federal brass too if you're thinking about reloading it.
View Quote

What's wrong with Federal brass? I've been reloading with it since 1991.

Is there a problem that I should know about?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like someone to bring a little light to this statement with a little more detailed info as to what the problem everyone is having with once fire Federal .223 brass.
 I am loading to SAAMI specs. Can I still expect a case failure? I would like to know from some of the resident experts experience.  Thanks in advance.

Quoted:
 I would stay away from the Federal brass too if you're thinking about reloading it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Hey y'all -- While certainly not a resident expert, I have been reloading for some years now.  Lately, I too have noticed a problem with Federal brass, loose primer fit.

I have only noticed it with brass that has the FEDERAL headstamp, not LC.  I've tried several different primers and brass fired from AR's other than mine, all with the same result.  I seat my brass with a LEE hand primer and I'm talking a very loose fit.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top