Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2003 1:22:08 PM EDT
Greetings,
Does anyone have any experience shooting XM 193 that has gotten wet. If so,:
1. Was the ammo from a Lot that had sealer or not?
2. How wet was the ammo?
3. Where there any failures to fire?

Corvette
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never fired wet XM193 specifically.  However, I have dipped a round or two in water, dried it off and fired it off without problems.  No sealant.

The only time sealant is really necessary is if you plan on soaking the rounds in water.  If they just take a quick swim you shouldn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Greetings,
I find it interesting with all the bandwidth spent discussing which Lot numbers of XM193 have sealant and which do not, that no one has responded to my question with a real-world experience of having a FTF with wet ammo.

Maybe we should all spend more time actually shooting than just discussing shooting.

Corvette
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Greetings,
I find it interesting with all the bandwidth spent discussing which Lot numbers of XM193 have sealant and which do not, that no one has responded to my question with a real-world experience of having a FTF with wet ammo.

Maybe we should all spend more time actually shooting than just discussing shooting.

Corvette
View Quote

How do you know how much anyone shoots?  When you come to these forums you are requesting free information.  You should be happy to get any responses at all, and everyone here is willing to help when they can.  If it's that big of a deal why don't you go test them yourself?  There's nothing stopping you.  Water is a readily available item.  When you are done, you can come back and report on how it went and contribute something back to the boards.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That time of the month for ya'?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have shot some WCC86 milsurp stuff that had gotten very wet. It had sealed primers and necks.

I got about 4% duds out of 500 rounds.  Additionally had another 1.5% that needed a second hit on the primer to fire.

On the rounds that were duds, pulled them down and the powder was all clumped, obviously had gotten wet.  Destroyed the primer on those that were wet.

The rounds that fired were fine, no squibs,  all reports, blast, etc. seemed normal.  Accuracy was fine.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top