Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2003 5:27:59 PM EDT
A few weeks ago I was shooting my Glock 17 Suppressed.

Three rounds of Silver Bear fired, three jams bad enough that I had to get a strong screwdriver to force back the slide.

Later on, of the 47 remaining rounds fired normally, several rounds still jammed while loading.
In short, it is going to be quite a while before I buy Silver Bear again.

For the record;
9mm Luger.  145 grain HP.
Product Code is A919RHPN.
Lot number 327-10-01

The last time I had any ammo this bad it was from a batch of re-loaded ammo I got from another shooter.  He accidentally pushed the primer in too deeply.  I couldn’t always fire off his ammo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem with a batch of Silver Bear in .40 S&W in my G22.  The cartridges would sieze for some reason in the chamber and would require a LOT of force to extract.  A couple times I had to remove the barrel and poke a cleaning rod through the muzzle in order to pop the rounds out.

They were not reliably chambering at all.

A fired round siezed in his buddies S&W as well.  

It was embarrassing because my brother was considering buying the gun and it was acting like a jamm-o-matic.

I ran a batch of Winchester USA FMJ through a few days later with no problems.  Luckily I was able to convince him that there was nothing wrong with the gun.

I did go back and check with a caliper some of the dimensions of the ammo, and didn't notice anything strange.

It is junk though.  I'd rather spend an extra buck or two and get good ammo.  I had used Silver Bear in the past with no problems, but still...
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top