Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 10:36:19 AM EDT
There was a thread a while back about people receiving emails telling them the SA ammo they had ordered was not ever going to be available, and would they like to order some Wolf ammo instead.  Well I just received that same email today.  Here is the body of it:

Dear Friend and Customer,

Due to import problems our vendor cannot supply us with the 51730 2700 RNDS
.223 55GR FMJ AMMO.  We are currently offering the 80877 2700 RDS .223 55GR
FMJ AMMO as an alternate.

Alternate Features:

Item 80877 is 2700 RDS .223 55 grain, full metal jacket, steel case, berdan
primed, non-corrosive, and non-reloadable.  Wolf Manufacturer.  Muzzle
Velocity: 3241 F.P.S.  Muzzle Energy: 1283ft. lbs.  We are offering this
item for $259.00.

Differences:

Original 51730 2700 RNDS .223 55GR FMJ is PMP brand, brass cased, and comes
in PVC Battle Packs.  Alternate does not.  Muzzle Velocity: 3250 F.P.S.,
Muzzle Energy: 1290 ft. lbs.

Please let us know if you would like the alternate 80877, or if you prefer
to cancel.  We can be reached at 1-800-882-2945 between 7:00am and 5:00pm
central time or feel free to e-mail us.  Thank you.

Here is my response:

Why are you still advertising the South African .223 if you can't get it?  I just received your new catalog and you have it listed on the back cover.  Also, I was told by a couple of your sales representatives that you are expecting the South African in August of 2004.  So which is it?  Are you expecting it in 2004, or are you saying it is never coming at all.  And if it isn't ever coming, why are you still advertising it.  I also noticed the newly advertised price is much higher than what I contracted to buy it for.  Thank you.

We need to hammer these guys and find out what is going on here.  I was skeptical at first, but now I really feel like they are canceling our orders so that we will have to reorder at the higher prices late next year (if ever).

edited for quotes
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, they're screwing us around all right.  I can understand their supply problems, but the fact that they are still advertising the ammo and steadily jacking the price up leaves me a really bad taste in my mouth.  Don't like doing business with people that jack me around.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
No kidding.  What pissed me off was they were offering Wold as a replacement round.  They really just don't measure up to some other places I shop.  They definately can do better, and should have, but really messed up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I gave up on them 6 months ago.

Buying ammo has been a bitch.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top