Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2003 4:50:05 PM EDT
Took my DPMS 1:7 upper to the "rifle" range today.  Until now, all the testing has been at an indoor 25M range, and I needed to zero the TA31 at 100 yards.

From my other ACOG sighted rifles I had already determined that of the three types of M193 ammo I have on hand, the Fed XM193 is generally the most accurate, so that's waht I used.

First group from a cold, dry, clean brl measured 1.21"  Adjusted the scope 1 click left and 24 clicks down and the next group measured .89" and hit point of aim.

With the TA31 sighted in an 100 yards, using the top of the donut, the center of the donut was on at 200 and the bottum of the donut was on at 300.  I confirmed that with about 70 rounds fired at steel plates at those ranges. Hits at 400 were a little tougher, and hitting the mountain lion target at the 500 meter line was iffy, only hitting it about 1:3 shots.

Cant wait for that NATO spec 77Gn OTM ammo to come in....
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello ar15 fan,

Where did you get your m193?  and what is this about mountain lion silhouette?  Do they have those at a range or something?  Were you shooting competition of some sort. I've shot silhouettes but only pistol.  Plus if you shoot NRA "military rifle" silhouette the rules say nothing smaller than 6 mm.  Anyways, I'm pleased with your results as obviously you are too.  I have never fired 5.56 through my colt yet it's all been .223.  I read this thing about the lead and how the chambers are different between the two, now I really want to get some to see if it makes a difference in accuracy.  You said you can't wait until the 77 grain otm comes in, did you order some?  That's cool.  I wish I could find it in smaller quantities first.  I'll figure something out.  Have a good day.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top