Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2003 5:38:47 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking I tried a search but came up empty.

I've been stocking up on LC M193 but now I'd like some SS109, but what brand should I buy? Is there such a thing as an SS109 round that is comparable in quality to LC M193? How about sealant on the primer pocket and bullet?

Lastly, where should I buy it?

Thanks for your help!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
S&B SS109 is excellent ammo, full velocity and excellent accuracy, best deal appears to be Centerfire Systems.  Ops
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
S&B SS109 is excellent ammo, full velocity and excellent accuracy, best deal appears to be Centerfire Systems.  Ops
View Quote

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. I found this too but don't know if it's any good:

[url]http://www.ammunitionstore.com/Images/Ammo/A020.7.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Question (and one I did not find specifically answered in the FAQ)

Does Sellier & Bellot SS109 have the special steel "penetrator" (or whatever it's called) in it, or does it just have a steel jacket?

TIA,

jim
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The best next to LC M855 is IMI M855.
SS-109 refers to the [b]bullet[/b].
M855 refers to the [b]cartridge[/b]. Only the U.S and Israel make M855.
M855 is the hottest 62gr ss-109 loaded ammo.
Two places sell IMI M855.
[url]http://www.botach.com/IMI/IMIAmmo/556mm%2062gr%20M855%20FMJ.htm[/url]
and
[url]http://www.wideners.com/cart.asp?Action=Details&item=IMISS109[/url]

The wideners service is much better, and it says SS-109, but you get M855.

You can't get new LC M855 so don't bother searching.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
What is your purpose in saving up the M855?  Just trying to figure out what you want becasue there may be better choices for what you want it to do.  If you want it "just because" I guess thats as good a reason as any.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want it "just because" I guess thats as good a reason as any.
View Quote

Well...just because [:D]

Seriously though, I've never tried it and would like to. I do shoot quite a bit but lately I've been buying extra LC M193 just for my own peace of mind. Having a small quantity of SS109/M855 onhand seems like the next logical step I guess. It's not so much a SHTF type of thing as a "but it while you can" thing. At the moment I'm able to stock up in modest quantities but that might not always be the case due to finances and/or lack of product availability.

Not sure if that sounds crazy or not, but what the hell [:)]

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Get IMI M855, you won't be dissapointed.  

Got mine from Wideners and love it.  A little pricey though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Does Widener's allow you to buy by the individual box or do you have to buy in bulk??

Thanks

CRC
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top