Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2003 5:49:34 PM EDT
I ordered 1000 rounds of XM193 from Mirage Technologies for $180 shipped.  I placed my order on 9/10/03 and faxed my proof age the same day (about 5 minutes after I hung up.)  My credit card was charged on 9/15/03 for the purchase, so I assumed that it had shipped that day.  I don't know why they took 5 days to process my order.  I never did get a tracking number.

I called on 9/18/03 for an update on my shipment.  They said I should have it by 9/24 or 9/25.  Well, 9/25 is here, and no ammo.  They are in Florida and I'm in Washington, so I know it will take a few days to get here.  I will have to call again to tomorrow to get another update.  

So, let's assume that I do receive the ammo on 9/25.  That is 12 business days to get a product ordered, processed and shipped from coast to coast.  That seems quite excessive to me.  The UPS website says I should have received a package from Mirage's zip code by end of day on 9/23 if shipped on 9/15.

Has anyone else had this same slow service from Mirage?  Did I just get unlucky?  If I had know this would take so long, I would have thrown the dice with Botach and ordered the 1200 rounds of IMI M193 for $189 shipped instead.......

Not terribly happy with Mirage Technologies at this point......
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Although it's been a few months since my last purchase, Mirage has always been good about deliveries.  By all means call if you want, but I think you're safe with them and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
When i bought from them last they were a little slow, but they were getting innudated by orders at the time.  People were nice to talk to and the price was right.

Whats the hurry? You didn't let yourself run out of ammo did you? Tsk Tsk.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Whats the hurry? You didn't let yourself run out of ammo did you? Tsk Tsk.
View Quote

Yep, busted.  I got down to about 200 rounds before I realized it.  I'm now in "ammo debt" to a friend (borrowed 400.)  I need to buy more than just one case as well, but funds are tight right now......
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I called for an update this morning.  They said my package is located in Redmond, WA (the big UPS hub in my area) and is scheduled for delivery on 9/29 (Monday.)  So, it is getting close.  I still think 3 weeks is unacceptable, regardless of how many orders they are receiving.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
4000 miles in 19 days doesn't seem too bad really, and if you ask me ( i know, you did not:) ) they have treated you fairly well in terms of customer service, no?

I have ordered from them 2 or three times now, my last order I just got this week, and I will admit that they are not the fastest, but they are definitely good enough.  Florida to Maine in about 10 days.  Besides $180/1000 shipped is a darn good price!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not terribly happy with Mirage Technologies at this point......
View Quote

I won't ever order from these people.

About 1.5 years ago, when it was looking like xm193 was going the way of the Dodo, Mirage Technologies advertised here in the ammo forum.  They sold hundreds of thousands of rounds of XM193, and made scads of cash off of our members.

When they were asked to pay for advertising space or stop advertising, they chose to stop advertising.  Instead, they got other members to do it for them.

In short, this site made them a buttload of money and seemingly put them on the map.  Yet they couldn't afford the small amount of cash it would take to support the site (by paying for advertising space).

I won't buy from them.  Ever.  And I urge others here to do the same.  They have no scruples.

Oh...and 19 days IS bad.  That's awful.  You could have gotten the same thing from Ammoman (who supports this site far more than most) and had it on your doorstep within a week.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top