Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 1:49:28 AM EDT
I have read several posts about the actual differences in these two kinds of ammo, so I don't need that explained.  But my question is this:  which is more popular- among gun manufacturers and gun buyers? Is .223 rem the overwhelming choice? Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
No brainer here, In bolt rifles 223 SAMMI chamber specs are more prevelent. In AR15/M16s the most common chamber spec is 5.56 NATO.

Only long range "varmint" type ARs have other than 5.56 NATO chambers, RRA has a "Wylde" and some makers use 223 SAMMIs, all of which is expained in the "ammo faq" here: [url]www.ammo-oracle.com[/url].

Comparison chart, tacked to top of AR Discussions forum here:
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3425[/img]

Mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks mr_wilson for your informative response.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top