Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 7:09:50 AM EDT
pawnshop has 1 battlepack found in the back room.  it has Bala Normal   FNM  78-16  stamped on the pack.   anybody know how to translate or have a webpage with the numbers?
i don't normally shoot anything if i don't know what it is
thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure that will be Portugese stuff and that the 78-16 will be the lot number. Check further, though as I'm no real expert. If so, it is very good ammo but be aware that the bullets have a mild steel jacket. No real problems as it won't hurt your barrel to shoot, nor is it "armor piercing" etc. but some indoor ranges will not allow it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
10-4.   before gunandknife.com went under those guys recommended portugese and hirtenberger.   have fired both in my M1A and FAL with no problems.  just wondered if there was a FAQ page out there that identified headstamps.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Do a search here on the Port ammo and it will be there...including pics of headstamps, etc.

[url]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php[/url]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top