Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2003 3:36:52 AM EDT
Got my new shooters catalog from Sportsmans Guide yesterday. They have Spanish Santa Barbara SS109 battlepacks for $64.something/400rnds. Is this ammo any good? I think the MV is listed @ a tad over 3000ft/sec. I talked to a guy at the range last weekend that was shooting this stuff in .308 thru an AR-10. He said he liked it and that it was surprisingly clean.

Shabo
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]
YES, Spanish Santa Barbara ammo is good plinking ammo.

I would use it only for plinking or target practice. Stick with some lake city or IMI for general self defense stuff.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I live 10 min from Sportsmans Guide in So. St. Paul,Mn.  I bought some So. African last year which I thought was great.  Next tried their Greek Olympic--definitely inferior.  The Spanish ammo seems to group well.  You can shoot a box and with iron sights, stay within 5".  I don't think it groups as well as So. African though.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top