Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2003 8:10:54 PM EDT
If so, what would 120 rds. on stripper clips in bandoleers be worth?
Edited to Add:The Stuff is Military M855 62gr FMJBT Ball, green-painted tip.
Tom
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
are you saying  you want to sell this ammo in question?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I am asking how much it is worth. I know someone who has some, he wants to sell it all along with some USGI 30 rounders. I was thinking about buying it if and only IF it is legal to own. however I have been doing some reading on the stuff and discovered it is only recommended for use in rifles with a 1 in 10 rate of twist or higher and all my ar's are 1 in 9, but I was still thinking about making him an offer just to get the mags.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It is legal to own. Your 1 in 9 twist is enough to stablize the greentip.  Anything over that will not be as good.  As for price, Botach has them on sale for $249 for 1200 rds.
 You do the math to figure out what they are worth to you.  Stripper clips and bandoleers are easy to come by too.
 You can get more info Here on the M855 if you haven't checked here already.
 [url]http://www.ammo-oracle.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, you would want to shoot it through a rifle with a twist rate of 1:10" or FASTER, not higher.  There is a wee bit of a difference.  Higher # = slower twist.

M855 is perfectly legal.  It isn't AP or incindiary, so you're good.

FWIW, I paid $19.99 for 100 rnds. of 62 gr. FMJ on strippers in a 5-pocket nylon bandoleer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for clearing that up S.S., i thought it was the opposite.
Tom
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top