Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2003 4:51:15 AM EDT
I was all prepared to order 500 Israeli '70's production .308 surplus from Ammunitionstore.com
The price seemed good, 500 rnds loose in a 50 cal can for $69.95. They wanted $23.00 shipping on this to FL. I didn't order it because the shipping seemed too high. I realize that .308 ammo is heavier than .223, but is $23.00 a fair shipping charge for 500 rounds?

They also advertise Port .308 on the site. I'd get some of that also if the shipping wasn't so steep. Am I right or wrong on this one? I haven't ordered any .308 so I don't know what is a fair charge.

Shabo
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
308 is about 30lbs per 500, and the .50 can is nothing but additional dead weight.  If the can is not inside cardboard, UPS will add another $5 handling fee.  That shipping is kinda high considering they're a regular shipper.  You can get on the UPS or FedEx website and calculate shipping yourself.

Since you're on the East coast, I recommend dealing with Aim as they're very fair on shipping and you can get 308 shipped in cardboard boxes instead of a heavy can.  Get all your ammo cans locally and not mail order.

[url]http://www.aimsurplus.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.militaryshooters.com[/url]

They are selling 800 round cases of Australian military 7.62X51 in four ammo cans, packed in stripper clips & bandoliers for $130.00.

Shipping to NC from WI was $29.00 & some cents, putting the 800 rounds to the front door at just under $160.00.

You might want to check them out. Very good service on both my orders.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
800 round cases of Australian military 7.62X51 in four ammo cans, packed in stripper clips & bandoliers
View Quote

And that should weigh about 70.5479lbs if the weight marking on the Aussie crate is correct.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top